What could be the cause of the soapy aftertase I have after everything I eat?

for the last week or so, everything I eat has a soapy, metallic sftertaste. What's up with this?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Health

• Maybe y dishes are not thoroughly rinsed.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• the^...not sure why the Y is up there. lol
    KayGia0704

• Could you have accidentally ingested some sort of cleaner? This happened to me once, and while I'll never know for certain, I believe it was caused by some windex landing on my toothbrush. The weird taste stopped being a problem within a few weeks, and it hasn't happened since.

There are also medical conditions that can contribute to this sort of thing. You might try searching for the symptom on webmd.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I had that happen too. I figured out that it was the cheap brand of rinse aid in my dishwasher.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Do you have an oven thermometer? Leave it in the dishwasher for a cycle, check it quickly when cycle is done. Maybe your dishwasher isn't getting the water hot enough.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:34 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• it's everywhere, restaurants, work, hersheys chocolate, evrything...
    sweetphoenix529

Comment by sweetphoenix529 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Do you take a sleeping pill at night? Some of those can leave an after taste during the day like you are describing.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 4:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• There are lots of things that can cause a soapy or metallic taste in the mouth. Certain drugs, some medical conditions. When my son was stung by a scorpion, he refused to drink because he said everything tasted like bubbles to him. I had to give him decaf lattes to get enough fluids down him so they would take him off the IV before they could discharge him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• That's funny you say that, because lattes and such don't taste soapy or gross to me, but everything else does.
    sweetphoenix529

Comment by sweetphoenix529 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2011