How often do you eat spicy foods while pregnant??

I know i eat too much....had to slow down though,i love spicy foods!...Even more while pregnant.

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was never told spicy food was not good for pregnancy, why do you have to slow down?
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• PS, i ate them all the time!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• All the time. With my first pregnancy, I ate it all the time too and even now, my 2 year old can handle eating spicy food (my DH can't stand it) and I'm pregnant again and eat it all the time too. LIke genagina said, I have never heard spicy food is bad during pregnancy.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I've always read that it's not good to eat alot of it and people always say it...that's why i slow down on it.
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well what did you read that it does?? The only thing I've ever read is that some ppl cannot handle it during pregnancy b/c it makes their heartburn less. I'd ask your Dr. There are a lot of things ppl say that they've heard at some point, that have no validity to them. GL!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• *heartburn more severe, sorry
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Other than heart burn ok maybe it's the fact that people always say oh it's not good but they never explain why. So i just think it's bad in other ways too.
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Spicy food was all I ever craved while pregnant.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I didn't really eat spicy foods that much, but I ate plenty that gave me heartburn. Peanut butter and chocolate were the worst culprits of my heartburn.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Never :( I love spicy foods but if I'd have eaten something spicy while I was pregnant I think the heartburn would have killed me! My husband liked to taunt me. We own a pizza place and my favorite pizza is our buffalo chicken pizza. He'd bring some home knowing I couldn't eat any....jerk. lol

I've not really heard that about spicy foods, there is the myth that it can induce labor but like I say it's just a myth. If something spicy is calling your name I say go for it!

jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2011