Is it normal for boobs to shrink during b-feeding?

My son was born Jan 27th and i have been b-feeding him. about 2 weeks ago i had to start bottle feeding him som formula also because he wasn't getting enouf from me to support his growing. this past week, on wensday, i tried to get him to b-feed and he wouldnt stay lached on after he started sucking, so i tried pumping and almost nothing came out. my husband helped me get alot more out by pumping for 15 minits on each side every hour for 4 hours and today i went to put on a bra and my bra was too big, my boobs have shrunk! could my boobs shrinking have caused my trouble? is it normal for boobs to shrink while b-feeding? what could have caused them to shrink?
Jessibear

Jessibear2010

Asked by Jessibear2010 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• sounds like the milk is drying up from not using it as much, so your breasts are not full of milk anymore so thats why there gone smaller. I went from a 34b to 36d in pregnancy then up to a 34e while breastfeeding, when I stopped they went down to to a C cup..
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• there was only one day that he didn't feed very long, the rest of the days since then he's fed the same or more as before, i'v just had to add a bottle of pumped milk with formula in it as well.
    Jessibear2010

Comment by Jessibear2010 (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011