Boneless skinless chicken breast ideas?

I have these thawed but I'm looking for a new way to make them for dinner. We can't grill because of thunderstorms all day. Any ideas?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 3:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I roll my in honey mustard sauce, and then batter them in a ritz cracker/ bread crumb mixture and then bake them. They are pretty good.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• This doesn't sound exciting but I pounded the heck out of mine, put a little olive oil, salt and pepper and cajun spice on it and wrapped it in foil to steam at 375 for about 25-30 minutes. It was very tender. A first to me since I always over cook them.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My husband found a recipe on the Campbell's soup website that we have enjoyed. You dip the chicken in cream of chicken soup, then roll it in crushed croutons (we used seasoned bread crumbs last time), and then just bake it. I don't know the temperature of time, but I think it's called crispy chicken bake.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I make something I guess would be called chicken salad, my ENTIRE family loves it except my husband. Lol. I just boil the chicken for maybe about 10 minutes (check it to make sure it is cooked all the way, not pink), Then I let it cool completely. I finely chop about 6 green onions, and one or two orange bell peppers. You can also use red if you want instead or with. Then when the chicken is cooled I chop that up into small pieces put all of it in a bowl together, add some salt and pepper and some garlic powder and then add mayonaise. Mix it all together. We eat it on the club crackers that come in the green box. Or by itself or on other crackers. It's good! Lol.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 3:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• chicken wraps- cook it, put it in tortillas with ranch or bbq sauce, cheese and lettuce (like McDonalds)

we also do this: cook on the stove, add some mushrooms, cheese (whatever you like) and some fired onion (that stuff in the can) on top
    YUM (make whatever sides you want)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You can bbq in the oven. Or even oven-fry. Place some bisquick in a big baggie, add some paprika, garlic salt, (or whatever spices you like) shake pieces to coat, place on a cookie sheet with 2 tbsp. melted butter, bake at 400 for about 45 minutes. Check juices to be sure.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Top chicken with slices of Swiss cheese and then cream of chicken soup. Cover it all with 2 c. bread crumbs that have been mixed with 1/3 stick of melted butter. Bake for 40 minutes to an hour depending on how thick your chicken is. 350 degrees
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Mix some plain old white cracker crumbs with some poultry seasoning and thyme, after you have first dipped them in a beaten egg. Put them in a casserole dish with a can of cream of chicken (or mushroom if you don't have chicken) spread over top. Bake. Serve with a salad and a green veggie, and you've got dinner! And they are yummy!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Dip the chicken in the egg and then in the cracker crumb mixture. Sorry!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I like a quick stir fry with rice. It's healthy and you can use any veggies you have on hand.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011