Is this common?

My 9 month old son is finally cutting teeth. The problem is that he has less interest in food. He is not picky by any means but he isn't interested in solids or his bottle. Is this common for when they cut teeth? Is there anything I can do for him other than orajel and tylenol?

BabyBreyen

Asked by BabyBreyen at 10:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is 5 1/2 months old and has been teething too. and i was actually just told to get some teething tablets. ive never heard of them before so i looked them up and allll the review i saw were positive even from doctors. you might want to give them a try/
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• get some sponges clean em cut them in half get them damp and freeze them,works woounders for us,plus catches the drool,lol.regular sponges not ones that have sratchy sides.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yeah, it's normal...my DD is eating a lot less now that she's really teething. We just got the teething tablets last night. I haven't seen a change yet, but I'm hopeful.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You can use teething tablets. We use an oil by Herbs for Kids called Gum-O-mile. We bought the teething tablets, but did not read the label and some have lactose in them. Not good for a baby with allergies to cow's milk.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 1:21 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Try teething buscuits...they are truely a gift....you can get them at walmart....alyssa is getting more teeth and as soon as i give her one she stops crying..I LOVE THEM LOL
    nikki.smith

Answer by nikki.smith at 10:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008