How much do you spend on conditioner? What do you use?

I HATE spending a lot on things that are just for myself. I suppose we can afford it now, but it hasn't always been that way and after scrimping and saving so long, spending a lot on myself seems wasteful.

Good conditioner is something I truly think I need, because my hair is so damaged from all the pregnancies and nursing. I recently bought the Nexxus Promend conditioner, and it almost killed me to pay the $15 for it! LOL! Still, I REALLY like it. It is one of the few products I think does what it says, and I will probably buy it again.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I like Dove. I can get a large bottle for about 6 dollars. Dove is a company I support with their promotion of women and I really do love the way it makes my hair feel, very soft, light and shiny.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• cheap conditioners do nothing BUT break the banks, lol. you end up spending 2-6 dollars a bottle, slap on a handful, and just end up covering up the problem rather than actually bringing health to your hair.. like in pantene you are just coating with wax and like products.

Try a good conditioner like joico k pac.. or paul brown resurrect.
    joico is now sold at jcpennies and some rite aid pharmacies. its i believe $15 a bottle in stores for the set (shampoo and conditioner)..
    use a nickel to quarter size pending on your hair length and thickness. used properly it will last a minimum of 6 months. mine lasted a year and some months. price difference: up to$15- $25 up front if you buy the big bottles.. for a product that lasts a minimum if 6 months or spend $52 for buying a bottle a week on the cheap 2 dollar stuff that doesn't work... imo easy choice
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My sister is a stylist and she always gets me whatever I need wholesale. At the moment I am using TIGI Curls Rock. I think I spent $6 for it.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 4:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• joico k-pac contains proteins called keratin whiich is what your hair is made up of, by replenishing it you are making it healthier.

also try weekly protein treatments on your hair and a good diet, vitamins :) and water.

(for an at home recipe for protein mask pm me)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I use Burt's Bees and its $9
    I get a bottle every 4-6 weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I buy the cheapest in the store. No more then $2.00

Answer by louise2 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I always buy the same shampoo and conditioner. Right now I have Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner. I switch up between Herbal Essence and Pantene. I buy it every 2-3 months.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I usually use the cheap stuff, but I recently bought a $17 bottle of Bed Head Self Absorbed and I hate it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I use Nexxus humectress shampoo and conditioner. I can get it at costco for $26 each for a 1.3 liter bottle which lasts about 4-5 months. You can also check JCPenney salons for sales , Sometimes I can get 2 bottles for 24.99. a few weeks ago it waas 17.99 and those sizes are a 1 liter I believe.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I use American Cream conditioner from Lush and it costs $27.95 for a 500 ml bottle. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2011