What do you think of the Hallmark Recordable Storybooks?

Would you buy one? Why or why not?

I bought my Son one today, I've been wanting to since I saw it on Teen Mom, lol. Didn't get the same one from the show, of course, but the one I got Him is even better! I can't wait to record later. =]

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• i love them! i got both of my boys one for christmas. my oldest got frosty the snowman and i sang it, and he LOVES it! listens to it AAAALLLLL the time. (kinda makes me regret singing it lol, but he loves it) and my youngest got the "all the ways i love you" one. hes only 10 months, but he likes to listen to it once in awhile :) i think they are really neat
    preemiemommy

Answer by preemiemommy at 4:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think that the recordable stories are a great idea.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I find it to be way to expensive. I have a friend who bought one for her son though and he loves listing to his father read the story while the father is at work. They all love it so it was more than worth it for them.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I like the idea! My aunt and her family lives a ways away from us, and our children are close in age, so we miss them when they are gone. This year we bought their kids one and each took turns recording the pages.

I wish I would have seen these while my LP was traveling a lot for work so the kids could have heard him read them a book every night.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i think they're awesome! great for deployed parents, or for grandparents or other close relatives that live far away.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I sure would buy one. I see that commercial and I wish to GOD they had them for my kids when they were little. Then I would have my Mom's voice telling a story. Mom died 3 years ago. It still hurts, still miss her. Wish I could have such a special memory like that now.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My husband is known by a past generation of children for his storytelling. He's asked me to write the stories down, but they're not that impressive on paper. They need the warmth and expression of his voice. I bought one, hoping he would just use the illustrations as a guide and tell one of the stories he makes up. He hasn't yet, but he did record "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and used it with another group of children, just as written. We caught a $10 off sale on the Christmas book.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my in laws got one for my son for Christmas and it really didn't work very well. I don't think it was worth the money they paid for it.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my inlaws bought each kid one. they are pretty good.
    lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 4:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• We spent one evening in Walmart laughing at them... My husband was like, "Ok honey, here is your story... mommy's going to her room to drink now".... LOL!

I still prefer the old fashion way of bonding...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2011