can u for rash under neck?

the doctors gave me nystatin cream for my babys neck bcouse she gets raw under there all the time from sweat and all i was woundering can i use desitin,would it hurt anything or do just about the same thing?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 10:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use the nystatin cream only. The cream is for topical yeast infections. The desitin might not make the cream work as well.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• its not a yeast infection though,i got the cream in the summer time and just been useing it,but id have to make another app. to get another perscription,she has lots of rolls,it doesnt get bad under there or anything.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:09 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Hydrocortisone cream...works great for my DD
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Like Kiimebs said, hydorcortisone cream. My daughter had a rash too and doc said to wipe down each night and put that on. Plus it's OTC.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My doc said balmex and desitin are fine, also to use aveeno creamy nonfragrance wash. It works great I use it myself now.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Can you ask your pharmacy to send a refill request to your doctor? I do that all the time, never have to go in or even talk to the doc!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I use desitin and a&d and I never have a problem :-)
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008