Do You Think The Baby's Father Should Be At Every Doctors Appointment I Have ?

16AndPregnantt

Asked by 16AndPregnantt at 4:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• all the important ones. ultrasounds and hearing babies heartbeat. or if there is something wrong that you go in for. but i told my hubby that he didn't have to come to all of them, because some of them were cervical checks, which he didn't need to be there for lol. but i also went every week cuz i was on the p17 shots........so......i'm not sure otherwise
    preemiemommy

Answer by preemiemommy at 4:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It depends on the relationship. I preferred my husband to be at every one he could. There were a few he couldn't make it to but that was fine.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• its nice if they can but not a requirement. my husband was deployed during two of my pregnancies. he wasn't able to be present during the birth either. it sucked but not much either of us could do about it. i emailed him the ultrasound pictures and always kept him up to date on the baby's progress.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you want him to be.

Answer by louise2 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It's not necessary, but if you feel like you need some emotional support and he will be helpful in that department then bring him. My husband attended a couple of appointments with me, but I didn't see any reason for him to come to all of them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i never saw a need for that. he was there for the ultrasounds other than that Im pretty much an adult and dont need my hand held... it isnt like he needs to be there.
    Anonymous

• I Want Him To Be There But , His Mom Said That Its Not His Business So She Said He Cant Go .
    16AndPregnantt

Comment by 16AndPregnantt (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• YES. It's crucial to their bonding and stuff. When I was in my 2nd trimester and we started hunting for a pediatrician we found one (about 20 minutes away but it was OK w/ us) who was open e/o weekend plus one random night a week til 7pm. This meant my hubby wouldn't have to miss any work. Dads usually miss alot. It's fun for them to see the height and weight changes, be there to assist you emotionally w/ shots, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• OP, invite her along too? Maybe she's modest or shy for him...... encourage alot and remind him that it's TOTALLY his business.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• WTF his mom needs to wake the fuck up! that is ALL his buisness it takes two to tango he needs to be there supporting you!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011