What is your earliest memory?

Mine is when my sister was born. I was staying with my Aunt Betty and I remember walking down the stairs and she told me my sister was born and then I remember my 2 younger brothers and I looking through the bars of the crib at her. This was 3 months before I turned 4 (wow, that memory is over 40 year old now)

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I remember being in my room and playing with my 3rd birthday gifts. I also remember my grandma babysitting me at 3. At least one time. I asked for chicken noodle soup. I grabbed a can with no label and it turned out to be chicken noodle. We left that house right after that, so my mom was amazed that I could remember it. I remember my mom being pregnant with my sister, but I was 4. I remember a lot at 4.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My dad trying to smother me with a pillow. Yeah my childhood was chalk full of wonderful memories. Lmao!
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Being told my grandfather was coming to visit, and hiding in a laundry basket to surpise him. I was told I had just turned 2 at the time. My next memory wasn't until I was 4.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• well, i may have been around 5 or so..and i'm not sure if either memory i have is first, but i know it was the same house. i remember my mother yelling at my 16yr cousin (who our parents had rescued from a children's home her mother had placed her in..her mom was a piece of work-different post, though) for her loud rock-n-roll music and addiction to dr. pepper. LOL! i remember my cousin yelling back, ''you just wait, aunt belle! one day your girls will like R&R and drink DP, too!''

then, the other memory, same house...my mom was forever changing furniture around, and out of habit, i slinked around the wall that divided the kitchen from the living room, hands full of a glass of milk, and automatically sat down on the couch...which was no longer there, and of course, i spilled milk everywhere..mom yelled at me..blahblahblah.

i'm still a spiller, but its DIET DP..probably because the loud R&R music distracted me. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Mine is from when I was 2, my mom was in the hospital and my dad's cousin was babysitting me. I remember her taking me to the park in her blue convertible, going in the kiddie wading pool 'swimming', and hiding in the concrete 'tunnels' to avoid getting rained on. Many years ago when I was 16 I asked her whatever happened to her blue car, and she looked surprised that I knew about it, and I told her about that day at the park. She smiled and I think it made her very happy to know that day was a fond memory for me. Oh as for the car-- she had given it to her brother and he had it restored and as far as I know he still has it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Im 44, My earliest memory is me and my twin at 18 months. Grandma and Grandpa bringing in a HUGE wrapped X-mass present( it was a refrigerator box) they said Santa left for us at their house. We tore it open to find it was newspaper and bricks. The adults thought it was SOO funny but we cried and cried.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Watching JFK's funeral on TV.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Standing in my yard and people were pouring cement. I realized later my parents were putting an addition on our house. I was 3 yo.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Playing hide and seek with my mother. I would have been about three.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• wow Hatsumomo that, well, sucks!
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011