How do i explain sex to my 10 yr old son adult content

i caught him looking at porn on the computer how do i explain it to him and his father says no worries it is ok and he has done it before please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Block or put a filter on your computer. Then explain to him that sex is to be only between a married man and his wife, and apologize for not having protected him better. As far as the mechanics, I wouldn't worry about that. Just stress to him that he's a long way from being ready to participate.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• The library is a good source for materials to help with such questions. He is at that age where he is curious, and looking for answers.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 4:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My aunt got booklets from the Dr office. Explained everything in terms kids could understand. And tell your husband that porn sites are where viruses come from. Porn sites should not be their teacher.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• .. i dont see anything wrong wiht him looking at the porn that is WAY better than him running out and having sex.. my mom had the talk wiht me and she was a nurse soo i got ALOT of pamplets and stuff. Maybe let him know sex is for when you fall in love with someone and choose to be with that person for the rest of your life and have children.. good luck mommy
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Dammit. I hate when I hit the wrong button..I DO NOT agree with the answer I voted up. Ugh.

Anyway..NannyB and Kimimale said it best.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't think Porn is a good teaching method. I agree with you that it should blocked. Porn is confusing to even adults about what is real and fake, a child should not few sex as a cheap thrill like porn portrays. Tell him that men and women have sex when they want to make babies, that way he associates it with babies not screaming moaning sexy women.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• After seeing him with the porn, I would be willing to bet he now has the mechanics down and the fact that it is fun and feels good understood.

What I would focus on is how "real" sex is different, how there is emotion involved (or should be), and that most women don't look like that and don't want those things done to them, that they would feel degraded, that it is not their purpose, that it should be for bonding, love, children, etc...not screaming pleasure with strangers the way that it is portrayed in the movies. Also, lord knows that safe sex is not portrayed in porn, so I would bring that up as well as possibly googling some statistics about how rampant herpes and HIV is among porn stars. Perhaps talk about how it will will change as you get older.

I just think for young kids and even some adults, porn sets up these expectations that sex should be all about pleasure and only between beautiful people.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Kimi_ I tried to vote you up and accidentally voted you down..SORRY!!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:25 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• my dd's school taught them about that in health class this yeaar i asked to be allowed to come and i was there everyday for 4 weeks! idk if ur school offers that but that could help and we talk about it ahome now too if she has question
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• we talked to my son about it and he was like oh no i didnt know and we explained that those are very bad sights
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2011