What can i do to help my dd's nose?

My dd has a serious issue with boogers in her nose. They get huge and bloody and really hard. She can't breathe at times. They won't come out when she blows so i have to either make her pick her nose or use a q-tip to get them out. I can tell it hurts her so bad when she tries to get them out. Is there anything i can do to help her nose from getting these hard boogers? Why are they bloody?

mandarose

Asked by mandarose at 11:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• Try some saline drops every night before bed/or every morning which ever is worse and suction her nose out like you would a baby.....they are probably bloody because their hard and the lining of her nose is irritated, they are probably hard because they are lying in her nose unable to pass for a while. The saline should help to soften them up some. Hope that helps.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 11:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• is your house dry or humid? we live in cold climate in winter so we have to have a humidifier and it helps a lot of noahs boogers
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 1:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2008