Birthday invite rules @ school....

does your kids school or specific classroom have rules on passing out party invites? My sons school leaves it up to each teacher to decide. Currently you may NOT pass out party invites on school grounds/bus/school time unless ur passing one out to every single child in your class.

Personally I love this rule and I hope next years teacher does the same.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in

• Our whole school does that. It is just tacky to send a kid to school with invites for only a few kids. Seriously is it really going to break the bank to mail a card???? And if the finances are THAT strained then send an email.

Anonymous

• i think that's a school-wide policy. also, no special 'fast-food' lunches can be brought into the school, EXCEPT on their birthday occasion..like its a rare treat, or something.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Our school had the rule that invitations are not to be brought and handed out at school (unless the whole class is invited). If you are inviting only certain friends you need to do that on your own time-- before or after school (and not on school grounds/during class time).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• school wide for us, too, but the teachers will help you locate an email or address for one or two as long as it's not mentioned in class at all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Never heard of such a rule.

Sounds like a good one. Now the no special lunches is a bit silly to me. If I want to take my kid lunch just because I am going to do it. He is my child.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My daughter's school doesn't have any rules for it, which is good because we can't afford to invite all 35 kids in her class.
    Anonymous

• So far we've only had two teachers at the kids' current school. One had the invite all or none policy, the other will help get invites to less than the whole class if you're only inviting a few. Not like inviting all but a couple, but only inviting a couple and not nearly all. She does it on the "down low" through their parent's mail. I think that's acceptable as well. :)
    Anonymous

• My kids school has always had the invite the whole class or don't pass out invitations at school. I'm happy with that.

Answer by missanc at 5:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Our school's rule is that all the boys or all the girls in the class, depending on the sex of the birthday child, must be invited if the invites are handed out at school.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It's the same way at my DS's school too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2011