In your opinion- will the end happen in our generation?

I just finished reading Revelation for the first time... There is some very terrifying things in there. Just looking for opinions, do you think the end is near?

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 4:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do. Even scarier is go back and read any of the prophetic parts of the bible and realize these people who had these visions had absolutely NO words to describe seeing the times we live in now. How could they describe a jet fighter? "It roared with the sound of 1000 lions and was above the ground without support" Or bombs dropping on city's. How about the "beasts mark" on the hand or forehead.....Hmmm... How about fingerprint readers or Eye scanners? If someone from Jesus' time saw our world today and saw a person getting their eye scanned, you have to put your forehead against the board at the top and lots of employers today have hand scanners to log in, not to mention using your cell phone to swipe your financial data to pay for grocery's and would someone from that time know what a credit care or debit card was? All he would see is you using your hand to pay for groceries. Knowing this now, would you think that Money
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• "Oh,and by the way, my kids HAVE heard me say that, say it themselves, and agree 100% with me. Hate to burst your little self-righteous, judgemental bubble there, but them's the facts. "

maybe the world would be a better place if people put more effort into making it a better place instead of just standing around saying "oh what a craphole...can't wait to die to go meet my maker."
    The world is what you make of it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• The end will happen in 4.5 billion years when the sun expands to a gas giant and incinerates the planet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No and not our children's generation or their children's or their children's children, and well you can continue that trend for a few hundred years at minimum.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Continued from above...
    was the devil or the beast? That our financial institutions are the beast or devil? Make ya wonder dosnt it?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes... the end is VERY near for my dd... if she doesnt clean that dang room I promise you the end is near for her!
    Anonymous

• "but I REFUSE to apologize, or be made to feel bad for the way I feel. Last time I checked I STILL have freedom both of religion,and SPEECH! I can say and do whatever I like, long as I don't affect anyone else,and the only thing I'm hurting on you is obviously your ego. GET OVER IT,AND MOVE THE HECK ON"

Ummm I didn't ask you to apologize or tell you to shut up. I simply stated my opinion. Sorry if that makes you feel uneasy. But I have the right to voice my opinion and you are the one telling me to move on(or shut up). So, really, I think it's your ego that is bent out of shape...as my stating my opinion has you all bent out of shape.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not even close... We have another 4 Billion years, give or take a few mil.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• "So, telling me I'm a terrible person,and what I say and tell my kids is so awful, is a WHOLE LOT MORE than just "stating your opinioin." If I'd of "stated my opinion" of you in such an offensive derogatory manner, I'd be drummed off CM! No, my ego is just fine, thanks,and I'm telling you to move on,because I'm sick of your insults, inuendoes, and just plain ugliness and offensiveness"

I never said, "You are a terrible person!" Do I think telling kids that they should look forward to death instead of working towards making this world a better place, an awful philosophy to live by? Yes. Is it still just my opinion? Yup.
    So, sorry but it IS just my opinion...and I still think it's your ego that got bruised. I don't have to move on. You can choose not to reply to my opinions if you want:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Eek that is a bit scary there soyousay. I would walk away from that conversation as well.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011