What do you do when/if your SO/DH really gives you a "break"???

My SO just took our dd out to San Francisco so I can have a few hours alone...and I'm supposed to be studying for my midterms next week, but I can't remember the last time I was home alone like this!!! I love them dearly, but am never away f/ them unless I'm at school or work. Haha, and it feels wonderful so just thought I'd waste a little time on here...

What do you do when you have time all by yourself??

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Read, veg on the couch and watch a chick flick, play on here, tell myself that it's ok to not clean anything at the moment even though I can see 10 things in this room alone that need straightened up...
    I get regular time for myself. SO is great about letting me have time.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm never alone. My husband never volunteers to take the kids anywhere by himself.
    The only time I'm alone is if I leave the house to go somewhere and since I don't drive it means I'm walking around the neighborhood. The closest I get is locking myself in my room (literal locking) and turning the radio up to drown everything out.
    The last time I was alone was in the summer of 2009. My husband took our youngest (then 3) to Milwaukee with him twice (for the whole day) while the older 3 kids were in school. It was blissful. I got all my chores done in 2 hours and had the rest of the day to just relax and watch TV. I was looking forward to her starting school this fall but then I had another baby and it started all over. Sigh.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sleep and catch up on choirs. It is terribly exciting.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• NAP.. or just lay in bed and do nothing. it seems like i havent had a moment to relax since the kids were born. so to just lay & do absolutely nothing would be great.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 4:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sleep! I get about an hour everyday after work before I pick my son up and my husband comes home. Most days I spent that time laying in bed watching TV or taking a quick nap. It helps soooo much.
    Anonymous

• meet friends, go to the cinema or the museum, walk and listen to my i pod, all the things that my 5 year old cant do cos she is a chatterbox lol
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 6:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• WATCH TV! lol I never get to watch ANYTHING when someone else is here, so when DH takes the kids over to his mom's to give me some alone time, I'm happy as a clam just to sit down on a couch I never use and piddle with Netflix on our TV! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011