Do you remember a time you were literally scared for your life?

When I was married to my 1st huband, he worked for the police dept. as a jailer. This was in the days before caller ID or anything like that, and our number was published in the phone book. One night, right after I found out I was pregnant for the 1st time,he was working graves, and I was home by myself. About 2:30 in the morning, the phone rang,and I answered it. I thought it was my ex-dh, and the guy was saying some sexual things, I thought he was playing a trick on me. Finally, I asked him by name why he was saying those things. The guy on the other suddenly got very serious,and said "this isn't your husband. I know your husband is at work,and I know you are home alone, I'm watching you." I came awake REALLY quick! I called ex-dh, and told him. He told me he was afraid it was a guy he'd had in jail,that had threatened to get even with him for him being in jail (even though the guy was caught red-handed with drugs). He told me where his police whistle was. He said if the guy called back,to blow it as loud as I could into the phone. He also sent a unit to the house to look around. They could find no footprints, but I was so scared. My mom stayed with me the rest of the week, he worked graves. We also changed our number the next day,and had it non-published.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I was in the 1989 San Francisco earthquake. I saw some sh*t you can't unsee, for sure. There were injured people everywhere, glass everywhere, fires were starting all around me, people running and screaming and panicking. My car was destroyed and I was virtually homeless for three months.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• oh jeez that is scary:( poor you. Im scared just thinking about it.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• About 6 years ago, I flew to MI to help my twin sister clear her house out and move, she was going through a divorce and got foreclosed on. She was soo wacked in the head in soo many ways, one day she freaked out at me and her 4 kids, started a fist fight with me, then tried to stab me to death with a 16 inch butcher knife, in front of her 4 kids, then tried to lie to the police and get her kids to lie. She went to the mental ward for a few days, and Michigan still did nothing to take her kids away. The house had bugs, rats, hip deep piled of garbage but had fresh food so the kids stayed with her.
    I have PTSD still today because of her attempt on my life. And I dont talk to or see her anymore, to this day she claims Im the one who tried to kill her, even though her kids and the police report say different.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes,when my stepfather tried to rape me when I was 17

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Those are some scary stories! I can't really come up with anything other then almost dying after having my son and the thoughts of his dad raising my 3 kids and this new little baby on top of it a new mortgage he had a wife die 20 yrs prior so I had to just will myself to stay alive and just not accept death
    Anonymous

• Yes..several times.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I got REALLY sick last summer and it took Dr.s most of the summer to figure out what was wrong with me. Shortly before they did i though " This is it. I don't think i'm going home from the hospital." I felt so shitty though, i didn't really care.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• we had a car wreak i wasn't sure we'd make it out of. And one i was ordering in a small diner and a guy broke down the back door and tried to rob the place. Hescared the crap out of me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My very first panic attack has been the only time that I ever thought I was truly honestly going to die. I was laying in bed almost asleep when all of sudden it felt like my chest was being crushed. I could not move from shoulders to my stomach (including my arms). I was home alone and could not get to the phone to call for help. I seriously thought I was going to die.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i have come close to drowning a couple of times.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2011