Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What college degree should I get next?

I run an in home child care, I am graduating with a duel Majors in Management/Marketing in 7 weeks. I know I need to complete some type of degree in Education (I have about 12 credits in early childhood already).

I want to open a large child care center (and no longer do child care from my home). I already have all the trainings required to open a large child care in my State.

As a parent enrolling your child in child care which degree would you prefer the child care director (owner/operator, not teacher) have? Why?
early childhood teaching certificate?
associates degree in early childhood (focused on children birth-5yrs)
or a Master in Education degree?
***remember this would be on top of my marketing/management bachelors' degree

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • masters in education

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

  • Masters in business administration. It is the most versatile.


    Answer by emilysmom1966 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

  • assoc. degree in early childhood

    Answer by CoffeeWriter at 5:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

  • I would look more at experience than education. Anyone can get a degree but I want someone with hands on experience. If any degree at all, it would be an Assoicates in Child Development or Eary Childhood Education.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.