this past summer my 4 year old daughter had either zits or bug bites in both her ears, once the active infection went away holes were left instead of healing normally, the docs dont know what could cause it, does anyone know about a problem like this?

infor2

Asked by infor2 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• I had something like this on my lip, breast and leg once. It took forever for the holes to heal over. I think it was almost a year for one of them. Sorry I can't help on what it might be. I hope she gets better soon.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:34 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I did that with a tick bite, I was out searching for christmas trees ( in the forest) and it was in for about 12 hrs before I noticed. The whole was there for a long time after.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I just read an article in People that leprosy is back in full swing in the US and most docs don't know what to look for.
    Anonymous

• Did they check the infection for MRSA? I know that with that the holes dont close up, even if the infection is gone. Dont let the anonymous scare you. your daughter would have more than just the holes in her ears if she had leprosy.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2008