Anyone tried ZUMBA?

I have heard a few of my friends talk about it lately and I was wondering if any moms on here have done it and how they liked it. Also did it cost anything for the classes and about how much? Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 5:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've done it and it was a lot of fun. I went to classes at my local YMCA, where I was a member and it was a just show up class. I didn't have to pay or sign up beforehand.

*note: I've got no rhythm and two left feet. The Zumba instructor told me that it really didn't matter as long as I did my best and had fun doing it. She had a funny way of explaining it all, but I can't remember what it is now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have taken it and it is a hard sweaty workout. I found all the pelvis thrusting to be too much for my lower back. Also the movements were so fast, they felt silly. So not my cup of tea.

But a lot of people really like it.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do the Zumba fitness via the XBox Kinect. It's a workout that's for sure.... I can only imagine what the "in person" class is like.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not yet.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 12:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I seen zumba on youtube. Looks fun.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Very fun classes I try to take them when I can. Where I live they are usually only offered around the time I am getting my kids ready for school in the morning.

FricknFrack

Answer by FricknFrack at 11:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i tried zumba at the ymca.its a very fun workout.espacially if you love to dance.it makes you burn alot of caleries,and it makes you sweat alot.i really liked it and was looking forward to going to the class.
    Maisoon A.

Answer by Maisoon A. at 4:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I was thinking of getting it for the Wii. I love dancing, but hate to 'work out'. I danced in high school and was alway thin then. I started to gain weight in college when I stopped dancing. I was thinking this might help.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I like it just to have fun and dance. And yes you would get a workout.
    obenblue

Answer by obenblue at 10:35 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:35 AM on Mar. 21, 2011