Any moms out there who have to deal with their so or dh bein away from home alot?

My so is off to France end of April for 2 months, his after getting a really great once in a lifetime experience to work in a brewery so Im delighted his goin, my worry is thought that Im gonna miss him something terrible. We spend every day together, we eat together, we go out together, we are each others best friends, besides work we are never apart and we love it. I really thought after 4 years Id be sick of it but Im not, so now Im super worried that I'll miss him too much. Im gonna be brave when his gone but I was just wondering if any one has any advice on how to cope, I know we'l skype, text, email and ring but still Im dreading him leaving.

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 5:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband is gone ALL the time thanks to the Army. I just go about my life, stay busy, talk when we can.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 6:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• and how do you deal with the emotional stuff.. Im just getting weepy at the thought of him gone.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My SO is in the Navy, plus we don't even live in the same state anymore. We do all the things you mentioned, texting, emailing, calling, facebook etc. Something to remember is, "You don't know how strong you can be until being strong is your only option.". It isn't easy, but if hes important to you, you just make it work. GL
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 7:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My dh is in the Army as well and travels a lot. You just have to keep going.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i too am an army wife...of course you have your moments of crying and missing him next to you..but you gotta keep busy...mines been in for 15 years and even this week i have been struggling with him not being home (i should be used to it by now right !!) just keep busy and youll do fine..of course you miss them thats normal, it is when you dont miss them. then theres a problem GOOD LUCK :)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Just remind yourself that it is temporary. My LP traveled for work on contracts and was gone for up to 6 months at a time. The first few days are bad, then you find a routine. Actually, after getting used to him being gone, it took me a few weeks to get used to him being home.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• thanks ladies, I know it'l be fine and it'l be worth it because his going to be doing something his trained really hard for.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I hate it because when i get off he's not home and by the time he gets home im already winding down and he's ready to wind me up ! lol i don't complain
    MOMMIE227

Answer by MOMMIE227 at 5:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2011