Method Laundry Soap

I am giving this Method Laundry Soap a try and I was wondering how many of you use it... It says 4 pumps is one load, but with Tide and All, I NEVER used how much they said to use... So I'm wondering if 2 or 3 pumps would be enough with this stuff. Other than my DH's work clothes and the babies diapers we don't ever have any "heavily soiled" clothes, just sweat and dust from going from place to place... And this stuff is so much more expensive I'm thinking I can make up some of the cost by only using half...

Anyone tried that? How'd it do?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• not really sure but i think 2 or 3 pumps that would work
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I used Method for a while. 3 pumps will work for most loads. After a while I could tell that all of the dirt reside just was not coming out with Method, our clothes didn't smell fresh when they came out of the washer. Hopefully it will work better for you (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I should also note that nothing we own is white...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I can't justify the cost when I already can stretch out the regular detergent because my water is extremely soft so soaps work really well....I use 1/2 the recommended amount of detergents.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yeah, but the regular detergents have really nasty chemicals in them. Method is a compromise for us. My DH won't let me use home made detergent because he doesn't believe it will do the job and he says it won't smell good enough. But I don't want to continue to use the harmful chemicals on my children or myself, nor do I want them going down my drain... SO, we are compromising and agreeing to use a "green" option. When I am using the regular ones I usually use about 1/4 or less of the recommended amount... If it's a small load or stuff that's really not dirty, I don't use any for a load or two...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011