Would you rather live in a trailor or apt. ?

As in...in a trailor park or the ghetto apts....

I am asking because I live in a trailor park... it isnt like the redneck, white trash trailor park you probably think of.... but it is a big piece of land that has about 7 newer trailors .... The one I live in is very nice, very clean 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom.... it is only a couple years old and I will admit I have decorated it very nice ( I have had a ton of people offer to pay me to come decorate their homes) ... I also have a large-ish yard.... enough for a swing set, patio table set and a garden ....

Most of my neighbors are older people and it is nice and quiet and safe feeling....My rent is cheap which is perfect for a single mom like me .

My ex and the father of my child is a loser.... he thinks thats since he doesnt see his daughter, well that means he doesnt have to pay child support, which meant I had to have it taken out of his paycheck.

He is living with another woman who he has 2 other children with... they are mad that I had the nerve to make him pay for the child he helped me make.... so she constantly says ( she is related to one of my best friends) ... that atleast they dont live in a trailor park... and then of course little puns that go with it ( as in trailor trash, and asking my friend if she is afriad that the wind will blow our trailor over when she is visiting)

Which just bugs me because they live in what is considered the "ghetto apts" .... filthy, druggie infused apts, that you have to be on PA to even live there..... but yet she still think she has the "status" to talk down about where and how I live? Me... the one who works hard and has a nice clean house and who actually takes very good care of my little one.... geez.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in

• I've HAD to live in both a standard trailor and in the hood.  I prefer the hood personally.  I think that she should get her priorities together and not talk bad about where someone else lives.  She is the one acting like trash.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• In our area the trailor park is way worse than all of the apartments. Plus, living in tornado alley anything is better than a trailor.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We lived in a trailer before buying our first house, and I honestly didn't mind it. However, it was a newer trailer (only a couple years old when we bought it), and it was in a park where there were mostly older people. Being that we did get tornadoes there, I HATED it during storms, but I liked how quiet it was, I liked that our neighbors were quiet and clean, I liked that being everyone owned their trailers (no renters), they took some pride in the way they maintained their things. I didn't have to worry about drugs or walking at night.

I don't have the ghetto apartments to compare it to, but if anything I think that it would be difficult to speak ill of anyone's living conditions from an apartment with drug addicts and filth.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It sounds like she has problems. She must be very unhappy if she has to talk about others' lives. I know it is hard, but try to let it roll off your back.

I would be worried about living in a trailer where I live because of the tornadoes. But, if I didn't have to worry about tornadoes, I would prefer to live in a trailer on several acres of land than in an apartment. I like living in the country. I hate the overcrowding of a city. :-)
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 7:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Trailer unless I live somewhere with lots of tornadoes
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• LoL... I should have pointed out we live in an area where we have a tornado maybe once every 5 years - if that.....

We did have one last summer ( before that the last one was when i was still in grade school and I am in my mid twenties now) .... but my trailor was not damaged at all - none of them were.... the swing set tipped over and things on my porch ( like my plants) blew away but the trailor was completely fine.......... the apts that they live in however WAS damaged .... most of the people living there had to leave while they fixed them up..... so not only do they look like they are made of carboard, but they blow like they are too.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• dont feel bad. Just dont let it get to you what she says. Shes just saying that to make you look bad, to make you feel bad when really shes just mad at you.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I think she should just concentrate on her own kids and get over hating on you just because you have a kid together. As for him, he must be fueling her to feel the way she does just so he can feel good about his irresponsibility. Obviously they have nothing better to do. I hope your child is not getting affected. Good luck.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 8:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I prefer a trailer....
    I grew up from birth-12 in a trailer....Im 27.. that trailer is still standing & has survived through about 3 hurricanes! My parents made our place look nicer than some of the brick homes around us!
    Around here apt & trailer rent is about the same (if anything apt can easily be more expensive).. Per square foot- the better deal is a trailer..
    And depending on place- you get a nice piece of yard..

I think more people would rent a trailer if they would give it a try! But that word "trailer trash" speaks too loud for most..
    I also would always feel like a neighbor could hear me, or us hear them. Its just too close for my liking.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Apt
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011