How many of you signed up for Bamboo Pink? What are your thoughts?

I honestly thought it would be a great idea. I had three people signed up but the confusing part was how none of us knew anything about the company other than it was by Jude Frances or whatever. Anyway, you get to sign up for free and make it in a ground floor company but we just got to view some jewelry and I am not at all impressed. This ring is $69.00 and is gold plated!

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I saw pictures of the jewelry and didn't like any of it. I'll stick with my scented candle business...even if I don't sell anything, at least I'll be stuck with stuff I like and use :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• so so true! I was completely flabbergasted at how poor in taste it was but then again that is my opinion and others might like it but how can I sell a product I don't like myself you know?
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yep....that's why I do the scented candles. I love them and would use them even if I didn't sell them....couldn't say the same about the jewelry.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I've never even heard of that!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I would never sign up for anything that I didn't know all the details too (even if it was free). Now they have your information and will likely sell it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• The only information they have is my email and they can do what they want.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 8:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I didn't sign up with Bamboopink but I have been blasted with spam from other consultants who wanted me to join their team. They wanted me to leave my Thirty-One business. The amount of spam has been crazy, you can see my post here: http://www.wahmbahm.com/nightmare-bamboopink . While I'm very sorry you were disappointed, this is what I was afraid of. All hype and no substance. I hope you find something else you can earn real money and be proud of. If you really love jewelry and that's what you want to sell, you should look into Premiere Designs and Just Jewelry. They have fabulous products, great prices and a great commission structure. I'm not a rep for either company but if you need help finding one, let me know.  Good luck!

IvetteMuller

Answer by IvetteMuller at 10:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Well I have to say I am quite the opposite. I love Bamboopink what it stands for, and we have a lot of knowledge about what we are going to expect, it's just that is in the final stages before we launch in April. The SPAM part is completely against company policies, and because it was being posted in blogs about how we are spamming , bamboopink issued ANOTHER statement on it yesterday to make sure ALL CONSULTANTS DO NOT SPAM. Now if you are still getting SPAM then it is because they are not following Policies and Procedures. There are a lot of happy consultants with bamboopink and we are very excited to be a part of the team. I have 31 in my team, and they are all excited as well. There IS substance to this. Jude and Frances have been selling there jewelry in Neiman Marcus, and Saks 5th avenue for 10 years! If you think that someone would put there good name and reputation on the line you are wrong.
    sweetheart5703

Answer by sweetheart5703 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have not paid attention to it in weeks. I don't care. They wanted you to email everyone you know..that is Spam. Anyway, comparing yourself with Mary Kay wasn't cool either. been there done that. They may just now have a lot of information but it is not worth it to me. that is nice you have happy consultants. Don't act like I don't know about the company. Its not true for my team they didn't like it and just because you have 31 underneath you doesn't mean anything. Anyway, good luck. I am not happy with how they are doing things. I have my own business to run
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 8:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Also the jewelery is not ugly, but that is my opinion. They will have things for all different tastes in jewelery. You have to think of the older women and the younger women like myself. If you compare this too Stella and Dots, Bamboopink is much nicer! Also bamboopink is not just going to be jewelry, it will be sunglasses, iphone and ipad cases, lipgloss and more. I am happy with my choice to stay with bamboopink, I totally get what some of you are saying about not selling something you don't like, and I agree you shouldn't sell something you don't like yourself, but for those that do like it, don't knock us. And please don't put us all into one category, I have been following P&P and so have many others. Hopefully with the statement being issued again, it will stop, and I encourage those getting spammed to reply to them, and tell them they are not following bamboopink P&P.
    sweetheart5703

Answer by sweetheart5703 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2011