First time mom.....

My son(3months) has never been one to be really fussy he is breastfed and has never had trouble expect recently. After every time he eats he pukes no matter what I do,and he is never full. I have heard i could be under stress but I still don't know what to do.... anyone else had the same problem

serenaxxmarie

Asked by serenaxxmarie at 11:39 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he have reflux? Is he loosing weight?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• it sounds like acid reflux..Try putting one teaspoon of rice cerealin his bottle for every 2 ounces
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• sounds like something my son does, whether its in the middle of eating or after eating.but he is 8 years old, we cant figure out why he pukes up all of a sudden, he could be eating too fast or stuff his mouth with too much food. Its been an ongoing thing, we've gotten so used to it we know why he's headed to the bathroom.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I asked the docter and he just told me to make sure he sits up for 30 mins after eating but it doesnt help.. The doc has never said anything about acid reflux though
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 11:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• its probably the acid reflux my son had that.. basically after he eats you have to prop him up like not lay him down right away for about an hr. because otherwise they throw up. like i said we had this problem with our son.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Do you burp between breasts?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• It's possible he just wants to suck, and instead of a pacifier is using you. If he's eating when he's not hungry to satisify his suck desire, that could cause the spit up too. May be try a pacifier instead of feeding and try more time between each breast to give his body time to digest some food before offering more.
    Anonymous

• My DD is 5 mos she spits up a lot too. For her its a combo of not getting all the burps out and over eating. I give her a good 5 min between boobs and burp her a few times. Keep her upright. When she wakes up she's voracious and I have to feed her before I change her. So after she eats its off to the changing table where she spits up...You'd think I'd learn but I'm still half asleep.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• How long has this been going on? My guy has days where I go through ALL of our burp rags, and then days I don't need any. My thinking is it might have something to do with the breastmilk, as well as his appetite that day and whether or he's having a good day!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I think it might be the breast milk too my aunt told me thats why she had to stop breast feeding she was under too much stress so she wasnt making the right protein in her breast milk.. but I really dont want to give it up so Ill try everything else everyone suggested first, thank you everyone
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 4:28 PM on Nov. 25, 2008