Do you have a netbook?

I would like an inexpensive one mainly for internet and email. I want one small enough that I can take to the park with the kids, or the beach , preferably with a long battery life as we tend to stay all day sometimes. We may watch a few movies but it is not necessary to have . What do you guys recommend, and how much should I plan on spending for a decent one ?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 7:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Technology

• They are small and will work well for internet and email (assuming that you can get a wireless signal or have a Verizon hotspot or something).

Mine does not have a DVD player and that is a bummer. Do you have an iphone?
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 7:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• as the PP mentioned there isn't a cd drive but you can get ones that plug in with a USB cord. My netbook cost me less than $300 and it does everything I need it to.
    AnAnxiousHeart

Answer by AnAnxiousHeart at 7:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do and I hate it with a passion.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My LP has one, and he loves it, but as the PP stated there isn't a way to put a CD in.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I've seen them at Walmart for 198. I almost got one, but I'm glad I got a regular laptop instead. I like the functionality of a regular laptop vs. a netbook.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No, laptop and wouldn't downgrade for a netbook.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011