Proactiv

with this preganancy ive broke out more so i bought myself a trial of proactiv. has anyone used it and does it work?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• hi there...we recommend to our patients to use cetaphil because when you are prego somethimes your skin might not react the same to certain products as it might of...also a good otc solution for acne surprisely is orginal phillips milk of mag...you will wash your face at night as normal and take either a cotton ball or clean finger tips and apply to face you will feel it tighten like a mask some people wash off after a few mins after you feel it tighten or you can sleep in it as well don't worry will not ruin sheets and just wash it off in the morning..and if you have fair skin you can put it on in the day time and apply your liquid foundation on top and have a matte look all day.also it can be use on just on the bump solution ..just like any product test it on your face just two to three times a week for the first week to make sure you don"t have a reaction..if if it works okay you can use it as regular as you need ,good luck
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 12:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I'm pregnant and use it.  I used it long before I got pregnant, lol.  Yes it really works.  Just because it works for other people doesn't actually mean it will work for all though.  I have problems breaking out right before I start my period and when I'm pregnant.  ProActiv has been my life saver, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I had a very stressful point in my life when I broke out like crazy. Proactiv saved me! :-)
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 7:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• did not work for me.. made my face peel
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It was a God send for me but after a couple years I became immuned to it. It just stopped working. But I def recommend it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I never had any luck with Proactive. I've recently started using the Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar and it's worked wonders for my skin.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Worked for me. When I turned 30 I started breaking out like crazy. It's very drying though so make sure you get a good moisturizer
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It worked for awhile for me--but then after about a year, it stopped working.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I have used it. It burned my face. I sent it back for a full refund.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I tried the benzoyl peroxide version and my face broke out in a violent, red, itchy rash. A few years later, I tried their salicylic acid version cleanser, and I had the exact same reaction. Horrible.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011