Anyone expecting feel like they are much more excited about their baby than their boyfriend/fiance/husband?

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I am so excited. I get like obsessed when I feel my baby move in my tummy, and I get really excited over doing stuff for the baby room, and almost all of my thoughts have something to do with my baby. My fiance acts really annoyed whenever I am constantly talking about stuff with the baby, I mean he gets excited and everything but nowhere near as excited as I get. Am I just being like creepily obsessive over my baby or is he just not as excited about it as I am? I don't know..

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 7:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it could be a guy thing...my husband was never excited when I was pregnant. When we discussed having another one..he was like ya sure...he wasn't one of those that gets teary eyed when he sees his child for the first time...or over excited about baby stuff LOL maybe your fiance is the same
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 7:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I am trying to conceive and I am much more excited at the prospect of having a baby than my husband
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Is this his first child? It sounds like first baby syndrome on his part. When i first found out I was pregnant at 19 with my husbands first child he flipped out. There is just no way to get them ready until they see that sweet baby and experience such innocent love. We now have 2 daddys girls, and I would have NEVER expected that :).
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Im 18, and it's my first child and his first biological child. He is twice my age(go ahead and judge me on being with someone that much older than me, im used to it, but age means nothing) and he raised his ex-wife's daughter, but he has always wanted a baby of his own. When we found out I was pregnant he was so excited and cried and begged me not to get an abortion, and I didnt plan on it anyways. He gets really into like doing the babys room and going through bags of baby clothes that are given to us, but I just feel like when it comes to feeling the baby move in my belly and stuff like that, he's just annoyed of hearing about it, granted I do talk about it A LOT, but i feel like it just doesnt get old to me. He teared up when we saw our first ultra sound, when we heard the heartbeat for the first time, and when he felt him move in my tummy for the first time, but now I feel like he';s just kind of over it because nothing
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• new has really happened recently.
    lizjones

• No, you are fine... :)....Sometimes guys are scared, or it doesn't feel real to them until the baby is here.....just feel what you feel and let him feel what he feels and all will be well....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i know i am, but this is our 2nd kid so every things old news for him till the boy gets here...then he will be super excited.

its a fairly normal guy thing. my DH (later) told me that he felt out of place when i was pregnant. everyone was concerned about me and the baby, while he just kinda sat off to the side. also, if this is your first he may be worried about everything but not wanting to put a damper on your super happy mood.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• He tells me all the time that he thinks Im pushing him away and forgetting about him because I am so obsessed with the baby. I dont realize Im being like that, and I certainly dont want to push him away. How can I fix that?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Funny you should ask, because I had this very argument at my house last night! This is our third, and he has NEVER been too interested in our babies until they are here. I will make a comment about the baby moving, and ask him to look or feel...FAR from obsessively, maybe once a day or every other day while we are just sitting on the couch and he acts like he is inconvenienced by the fact I brought our child up! Last night I basically told him that he needed to fake an interest and at least not try to extinguish my excitement with his shitty comments like "yeah, she moves all the time, I'm aware, you don't have to announce it". Egh. It bothers me.

Anyway, if this is your first, try not to take it to heart too much, because chances are he is like a TON of men who don't really get excited about the baby until they are holding them and can actually DO something with the baby.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:02 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• He gets super happy and excited when something new happens, but something that happens as often as when he moves in my belly or something and I ask him to feel or look he just seems annoyed and like its an inconvenience, just like you said.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011