Should I take her to the Dr?

I took my 4 year old potty today and noticed some blood on the toilet seat cover, so I wiped her back thinking maybe thats where its coming from, but its defitnately in her private area..I wiped some more, there wasn't much left to wipe. She said it hurt when I did that and that it hurts when she pees. I had to coax it out of her. Now, I'm thinking UTI infection. How bad is this? Can it wait until Monday morning when I can make a Dr's appt? Or is this an ER kind of thing. I have a really busy day tomorrow. I just don't know..I'd like to wait until Monday, but if it's urgent I will take her to ER.

aebrown

Asked by aebrown at 7:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Health

• If shes has pain when she pees I would bring her to the doctor. It might get worse without medical attention over the weekend and you wanna avoid that.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would take her today.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 7:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If you're noticing blood and she says it hurts to pee, I'd get her to the dr. immediately. If it's an infection, waiting just gives it time to get worse.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 7:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You are even considering that your busy day is more important??????
    Anonymous

• this happened to my daughter.... I noticed she has a little blood and she said it hurt to pee....

I freaked out and I KNEW she had to go to the ER.... but at that time I had to wait for my husband to get home ( I couldnt drive and I had my son and my husband keeps our insurance card in his wallet) .......

So we waited 5 hours to go... when we finally got there she had a bad fever ( which she didnt have one at all at the time I noticed the blood) ... and she had a bad UTI ....

definatly take her...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If it is a UTI, I would take her now. It can be very painful and will get worse if not treated.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 7:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• thank you for the advice ladies...with the exception of the anonymous that posted! Yes, busy day tomorrow..3 kids involved in everything and a husband who works all the time with noone to help but myself! I am seriously thinking of bringing her to ER tonight, if not tonight early tomorrow morning.
    aebrown

Comment by aebrown (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Your daughter has pain while peeing and you're only considering taking her to the ER??!? Busy day be hanged I'd have left that store and gone straight to the ER.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If I saw blood on the toilet seat and it was coming from my little girl's bottom, I'd be at the ER so fast with her it wouldn't even be funny. I've never heard of a UTI causing bleeding, either.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• if a child has BLOOD coming from anywhere down there you best believe I'd have called the her doc and I'd be on my way to the ER while waiting for the call back. NOTHING is more important then your kids health... no matter how busy you think you are!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011