Help with potty training

ok my daughter is 20 months old and we have been potty training for a week doing the naked method, it has worked wonderfully. she now goes to the potty whenever she has to go and only accidents is when she cant get the lid up fast enough. so my question is how do we deal with going out of the house? she has no way of telling me she needs to go and she is terrified of our big potty and only uses her little potty. i dont want to put a diaper on her because i think she will just pee in that and ruin all the work we have done. how can i teach her to tell me she has to go potty?

armywife71208

Asked by armywife71208 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know how to teach her to tell you, but you could buy those training pants (not pull-ups, but the cloth ones) and some plastic pants to use when you go out. She will not have to wear a diaper, but if she has an accident it won't make a huge mess or ruin her clothes.
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Go potty before you leave, go potty when you get there. Teach her the sign for potty as well, but don't expect her get it perfect.

sign: place your thumb between index and middle fingers and make a fist (think, got-your-nose game) hold the fist about boob height for us moms, forearm and wrist in a straight, vertical line and spin it in place like the agitator on a top load washer.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• have her go potty before you leave and the when you arrive at your destination and if you can ask her every half hour to hour if she has to go potty
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• try taking her to the bathroom before you go.when your out put on her those underwears that are plastic from the outside but cloth from inside.just keep reminding her and take her to the bathroom all the time.i would also take extra clothing incase of accidents.
    Maisoon A.

Answer by Maisoon A. at 4:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2011