Going outside the PP? Summer vacation

If you had a Parenting Plan in place would you ever go out side the plan in certain circumstances?

For example: The PP states that each parent can have one week in the summer for vacation

Here's the circumstances: The father had to go out of town for work for a few months and is unfortunately missing time with his children. He wants to take the kids for a big vacation Lots of traveling and sight seeing when they get out of school for the summer.

I have to work everyday and the kids would just be in daycare everyday or with my parents. Should I let him take them for half or for most of the summer?

If I only let them go for one week then it would end up that kids would go a long time without seeing their father and brother and stepsister.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• What is PP?
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 8:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I say yes, let them go. If he doesn't abide by whatever agreement you come to, the don't do it anymore (and let him KNOW you won't change it anymore if he doesn't follow the agreement--and get the agreement in writing). But if you will be at work the whole time, why not let them have a fun summer?
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 4:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• a 'parenting plan' ?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If you're both agreeable to it, it sounds great! The kids will get to develop a stronger relationship and have some real daddy time. Good for the kids! Much better than day care. And for you, you could enjoy the chunk of time for you! Even if you have to work, your evenings will be relaxing! Mom's deserve a break too and this would be beneficial for everyone! As for the legality, I would just type up what you're going to do and both of you sign it. I'd mention that it's going to happen in 2011. You don't want him to think that he can always change the plan. But that honestly doesn't seem to be the case. It just sounds like he's missing the kids and wants some quality time too!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2011