Does your DH turn into a baby when YOU are sick?

My DH can't seem to handle it when I am sick. He gets irritated because the house is messy and makes little comments that drive me nuts. Usually, I can handle it fine, but not when I am sick.

He spends a weekend with his mom every six weeks or so. If I am sick during that time (and that does happen with two small boys), he gets irritated and tells me I always pick a fight when he goes to visit his mom. But I am not irritated that he is visiting his mom. I am just irritated because I am sick and have very little patience. (That just goes to show that he thinks everything is about him.)

The truth is that I LIKE it when he leaves. At least, I can be sick alone and he is not kicking me when I am down.

What can I do to get him to leave me alone when I am sick? I think I am going to start checking into a hotel with my boys when I am sick, but I am afraid that he is just going to be madder. (He won't care about the money, but he will say that I am a bad mom for taking the kids with me. I would leave them, but he won't let me do that either because he works and likes to do things without the kids.  I am a SAHM and I do just about all of the childcare). Any solutions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Show him this that you wrote....also, do the checking into the hotel thing.....if he gets mad, tell him he is just going to have to be mad....usually acting mad is a control issue, and when it doesn't work anymore, he won't do it anymore.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• aw :( im lucky i guess... today i was sick, my hubby patted my back untill i feel asleep & then he had to go to work..
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• When ever I get sick (and it's not often) my dh also "feels bad" and lays around and ignores the children. So no matter how sick I am I still have to do what I always do. Or I'll have to ask him every little thing to do for the kids, and at that point I'd just rather do it myself. And Heaven forbid HE gets sick, he stays in bed for a day or two! He is such a baby! I don't have any advice, I don't know how to make someone show empathy and maturity.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 21, 2011