She Really Hurt My Feelings

I just want to say this and get it out. My dh and I have a wonderful relationship and we have been happily (mostly) married for 6 years. Neither one of us has cheated or have given each other or us a reason to think that.
I am close to my mother and I feel like I can go to her and talk about anything, but I don't know now.
I was talking to her about how my dh and I are worried because I am so tired. It affects a lot of things including itimatcy
Well, my mother told me that I needed to be intimite wheather I wanted to or not and become a "'50's" housewife. She then told me that if I wouldn't there are plenty of other women out there that would.
This shocked meand hurt my feelings so much.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 8:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Your mom wasn't trying to hurt your feelings....she is probably speaking from her life experience and trying to help.....forgive her and move on....as for the tired thing, go to the doctor and get a checkup.....best wishes to you....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Mom basically told me the same thing, and it irritated me. I just shrugged it off right after, but I think I can agree with Anna92464 on all counts, it must be coming from mom's experience. As far as being tired, I found out after going to the doctor that I had diabetes. It wouldn't hurt to get a professional's opinion. Good luck.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 8:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'm sorry she hurt your feelings, she did not mean to I am sure!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011