Even asking him upfront isn't getting me anywhere!

I've been going out with this guy for a few months now, and all our friends look at us like a couple, except we AREN'T a couple. We call each other friends, but something about the times we see each other feels way to formal for just friends. How many opposite sex friends go to dinner and a movie at least two of three times a month?? We don't just hang out at each other's places or go out with friends, it's just the two of us seeing a movie or going to a restaurant. So, I've been waiting for this guy to make one small hint that he likes me as more than a friend.... and I've been waiting for weeks. Nothing. So I finally broke down and asked him if he considered me more than a friend, I felt like I'd go crazy thinking about it if I didn't. He completely avoided the question! We still talk all the time and we're going to a party together next weekend to celebrate my friend's new apartment, but I'm still lost in the dark about how he feels about me. I haven't told him that I'd like us to be more than friends because I don't want to lose him if that's all we are or ever will be. But, there's something about us when we're together that feels like a couple... I'm so confused... someone help me out with this complicated guy!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I think the avoidance technique was all the answer you need. He didn't tell you he just wants to be friends because he didn't want to hurt your feelings. I'd back up and move on to someone else. JMO, though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Stop going out as a couple. If he was interested he would have answered. Time to find someone else.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 8:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well you will either have to leave and move on or take him as he is if he didn't answer tells me he likes the way you two are now. Have you slept with him sexually if so you might just be good friends with benefits or maybe he don't want to commit to anyone and likes the relationship like it is no attachments and he dont have to answer to you for anything.
    You need to be the one to fix you because you can't fix or change him if he don't want to...hope it turns out your way...
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• From past experience he probably isn't interested in being more than friends. He waould have made sure that was known if that was how he really felt.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 10:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Also if he can't respect u enough to answer ur question directly chances are he won't be able to give u what u need in the future.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 10:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• watching tennishe might like you but it seems like he is just not that into you-- on a romantic level at least. the fact that he avoided the question says that he might not be an honest person, he comes off as sly. you should date around (not necessarily sex) don't put all of your eggs in one basket, see what else is out there. it is a big,big ,world with a plethora of guys. he might be dating other women too- - he might be playing the field and you could just be one of his many "friends".

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• He did answer you by not answering you. I think I would make myself less available to him. If you don't mind hanging out as friends and just friends you can hang out. But if you're looking for a relationship, he's not the one.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• He i
    s not that into you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2011