Bursitis

The doctor told me I have bursitis in my right hip almost 5 years ago and it still has hurt non stop. After I had my son my left hip started acting up and now 2 years later both my knees. Has anyone ever heard of bursitis lasting this long? I have tried everything for it that they have told me to do and it's still not working. Should I just talk with them to see if they will just remove my bursa sacks on both my hips and knees? I also have hypermobility in my hips and they pop out of joint.

BubblesB

Asked by BubblesB at 11:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• I was dx with bursitis in both hips when i was 6 yr old and had it all my life so far. I have had surgeries on both hips to correct a birth/growth defect of the bones. I had hip dysplasia and the way the joints were in position caused the bursitis.
    So yes, it can last that long. Aleve helped me the most. Advil also worked well.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:03 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My husband has had bursitis in hip hip for at least the length of time that I've been with him and it's been 7 years. He just takes anti-inflamatories and deals with it. He isn't having problems anyplace else than his hip.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My husband had that in his elbow, they removed the fluid and he's been fine since..
    Anonymous