Feeling sorry for myself! (venting) long...sorry!

So, I just moved back to my hometown after being gone for 12yrs. I met my SO while here visiting my grandparents and after a year and a pregnancy, we moved back here to live with him. Now, all the friends I had here in high school (a longgg time ago) are gone, I have no one but a few family members. My SO has a whole load of friends and I know I shouldn't be but I am jealous! He gets to go see them or watch a game with them and I get to stay with the kids. (he doesn't go a lot) but I have NO ONE to go anywhere with at all! I don't want to be mad at him because he has friends but I feel like it is unfair and I don't know how to deal with those emotions. I tried to make a few friends at my sons school but it's not so easy. I know everyone is thinking why don't I go with him but I can't. They don't speak English! Ahhh, I don't want to be unfair to him because I wouldn't want him to be unfair to me, but I'm going crazy. Tonight here i am, my oldest is at his friends, my SO out watchin a game at his friends and i wire my poor baby out crawling after him through my living room for 3 hours..lol now what? I'm on here typing to a bunch of strangers about my pitful friendless life? Really? It's Saturday and this is my life? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

JenzAmomOf2

Asked by JenzAmomOf2 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry you're going through that. Have you tried talking to him and telling him how you feel? I realize it's difficult to go out and make new friends and it's something that may take a while. I think you should talk to him and let him know how you feel. He may think everything is ok as long as you keep these feelings inside. You have to communicate. If you do and he continues to do this, you will have to get creative by venturing out and traveling a little bit possibly. Maybe you can join some clubs in your area or something or perhaps volunteer a few days a week. Perhaps this will open doors for you to meet others and begin some new relationships. In the meantime, take a few deep breaths, marvel in the beautiful children you have created and curl up with a good book. Think about some things or projects you would like to get into and make a list.. Make a plan as to how you want to accomplish them. Good Luck!
    Crimsonpope31

Answer by Crimsonpope31 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Are none of his friends family men???? Maybe you can get together as a family with another family so that you have someone to talk to the kids have someone to play with and the men can watch the game. Just a thought :)
    LuvMyBean

Answer by LuvMyBean at 8:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Thank you, yes, I have told him and he feels bad and t but tries to include me when possible but with the language barrier, I'd rather stay home. I hate making him feel bad, its not his fault. He works 12 hour days and I am a Stay at home mom so my time is limited. I would LOVE to Volunteer, but the time just isn't there. I will get over it, i have no choice but to. It's just been a tuff night tonight here alone. Thank you for your kind words!!
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• That would be great, many are family men, but their wives don't speak English and their kids are teenagers..I can't catch a break! lol Good idea though!
    JenzAmomOf2

Comment by JenzAmomOf2 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Maybe try taking a class on the language that they speak to meet people and learn a lil of the language? I dunno :( I'm sorry you are so lonely *hugs*
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Join some mom groups in the area. It's never easy for me to make friends so I know how you feel. Step out on a limb and ask a few moms in your sons class to get together sometime. The worst they can say is no but at least you tried. Don't take it out on your SO because he has friends and you don't, that's not fair nor his fault. Does any of his friends have girlfriends or wives? If so, maybe get together with them. Go to the park and make small talk with other moms that are there and see how that goes. But, like I said, I know how you feel. I went through the same thing a few years ago. You have to get out there though if you want to meet someone, they won't come lining up at your door. Take a chance, you will meet someone!
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 8:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sorry about that but you will soon make friends and don't be mad or jealous of your s/o you did choose to move there to be with him so give it times and you do have a few family left, go visit them and get more involved with your son and his school and for sure you will meet other moms and its good to vent to strangers because you can tell them anything and they will listen.
    I love this site just for that reason and I am making some new associates....good luck keep us posted
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• That has been my life for the last 16 yrs or so for the most part. It sucks -making frinds in new places is SO hard. I have learned to deal with the fact that my frinds live in my laptop and my daughter is finally old enough the last couple of years to go to concerts with me since hubby won't.
    I'm sorry hun
    *hug
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011