Hormones or good reason to be upset?

I am 34wks preg and extremely insecure. I have always been happy with my weight even after my first pregnancy but now I have gained a lot of weight and I'm scared I won't be able to drop it as quickly as the first time. I worry constantly about my bf talking to other girls. The other day and ex of his txtd him and he talked to her some, It made me upset but I told him I didn't mind if he talked to her because she was trying to be nice and was wanting to buy our baby a gift (which made me upset for some reason, not sure why, maybe preg hormones?) I don't know her, never met her. Anyways, I said he could talk to her because I would rather know he is talking to her than him do it behind my back and me find out or something. I keep having dreams about him talking to other girls, and I had one last night, when I woke up this morning his cell was going off and I looked at it because we share it and that's the only way my mom has to contact me, then I seen that he had been talking to that girl again yesterday evening. They were talking about how they hoped our son didn't end up having ADD. She is stupid, my bf does not have ADD she just puts this shit in his head! It made me angry that they were talking about my baby for some reason. And after I had one of those dreams last night I just got really upset, I confronted my bf about it and he said he thought I said I was ok with him talking to her, which I did so that is my fault :( but then I tried to expain why it bothered me, because I am insecure and stuff right now, and he got really angry. He got so mad that he started calling me names and yelling. I don't understand why he would get so mad. He said he liked talking to her and as far as I know I don't think he is planning on stopping. I don't know if I'm just being hormonal or if this is really something I should be upset about :( I know I told him he could talk to her and I know it was wrong of me to get upset after I said that but if he really loved me wouldn't he understand? When I try talking to him at work he usually doesn't respond, so why would he be able to txt her and not me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• In my opininion it is not just hormones. I would be upset too if my man was talking to an ex. The only reason an ex of his would be buying your baby a gift has got to be to impress him. Also, it would be totally unacceptable to me that he be yelling at me and calling me names especially if I were pregnant with his child. To me, and I hate to be a downer but it seems like he may be looking for a way out of the relationship and giving you a reason to end it. He probably doesn't have the guts to just be a man about it and talk to you straight forward. The only other thing I could figure is that he is just really scared about being a father and the added responsibility, I don't know, you would have to be the judge on that. I do wish you all the best and hope you can work it out for the best of you and your kids.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Hmmm, I think you should call one of your ex bfs and see how he likes it when you talk to an ex. I think for him to get mad and yell and call you names is flat out wrong, even if you were being extremely hormonal (hello..you ARE PREGNANT) you are allowed horomones. Never ever ever allow a man to call you names. That is called abuse. Don't put up with that. Good luck mama.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It isn't right that he called you names and yelled, but you are getting upset over nothing. All you have said they have talked about is your baby, I see nothing wrong with that. It sounds like you are letting your insecurities get the best of you. My husband and I both of friends of the opposite sex but that's they are, friends. If it bothers you that he talks to her then you should talk to him about it. And whether or not he loves you doesn't always mean they understand where you are coming from. But to say one thing and then have a dream and turn around and say another is just confusing. If they aren't doing anything wrong then I see no reason why they shouldn't talk. Don't let your insecurities ruin your relationship with him. The more you nag (or whatever you want to call it) him, the more it will push him away and, for some guys, they will turn to another woman. It's not right but it happens. Just talk to him about and...
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 8:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• ....make sure that you both are on the same page. Again, don't let your insecurities lead you to push him away.
    trelmix

Answer by trelmix at 8:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• hmm.. idk, id be mad if my hubbys ex texted him. but then again im 7 months pregnant and it could be my hormones too.... ive never beeen this jealous & crazy till pregnancy....
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011