Daughter is 16 and going to a party

What boundaries should I set.
It's the weekend, curfew at 12?

samif

Asked by samif at 8:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Whatever time, I might remind her that drinking and driving is absolutely forbidden, even if it means calling you to pick her up. Also, let her know that if her driver starts to drink, she should call you for a safe ride home.

Even if she tells you the party is drug and alcohol free, you can usually safely assume that it is not, so it is always worth a safety reminder.

Also, she should not drink anything, alcoholic or not, unless it is from a sealed container that she opens herself and does not let out of her sight. . . you might be able to trust your daughter, but you can't everyone who might be there.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You know her best- I'd say whatever you feel comfortable with
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Depends on your DD and how well you know the situation she's going to be in. Is it chaperoned? Alcohol? Etc. Make sure you have as much info as possible. Personally I think 12 is a little late unless you are picking her up. Just too late for a 16 yo to be on the road driving.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011