Looking for party ideas

Throwing my 8 yr old boy and 7 yr old girl a birthday party in a few weeks. So far the themes are Pokemon and Tangled. I'm looking for some creative ideas for some games and food. We're throwing it in our big backyard

DevinSkye

Asked by DevinSkye at 8:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Check out some of the games from minute to win it. You can maybe make them a little easier, but it's something fun and different!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No idea, but I'll bump you!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Oh my goodness skittles1108, I was just going to say the same thing....great minds think alike don't they? There are some fun games to play at home from minute to win it. Some are easier than others and I agree you could change some up a bit to make them easier. When we played minute to win it, we gave the little ones each brand new box of cheap tissues and had them pull them out one by one, the first one to empty their box was the winner. We then used the empty tissue boxes to put the ping pongs in and attach to the belt loops to have them danced the ping pongs out.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• If you have a big backyard, let them try some lawn games, volleyball, kick ball, hide and seek, even croquet is making a comeback around here.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 3:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Just get a few party favors and don't overdo it as far as spending money on themed stuff. The kids don't care about that. Just have some good games and food and cake andt hey will be happy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Good ideas ladies!
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 2:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• My daughter who will be 8 this summer would tell you to rent one of those huge inflatable slides....right now that is all she wants for her Birthday party...actually we will go to Bounceland where they have a bunch of them together to play on.
    rojastarr

Answer by rojastarr at 10:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011