My son will be 1 years old june 3rd.... and i am thinking of ideas on how to celebrate.... does anyone have any suggestions?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cake, Ice cream, Family, Friends, And maybe a spacewalk for the kids to have something to do. We had a space walk for my sons 1st bday party and we had fun even though most of the adults were in it than the kids.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Nothing to extravagant, just gets overwhelming for a 1 yo. Feralkitten had the right idea.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• a nice cake and some close family kids don't remember there 1st few birthdays at all . it nice to have some photo of them at there cake and stuff but the 1st birthday more for us mom :)

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 8:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We did cake, ice cream, balloons, and family/my friends. Several of my friends also had young children so they were there, but at that age the kids don't play together or even really notice one another, the party is more for us mom's like PP's said. Just have a high chair nearby to get those precious frosting covered photos when he goes to town on the cake, and set aside 1-3 presents for him to open in front of guests and do the rest later. He'll love ripping the paper more then the new toys and too many presents just gets overwhelming. Keep it simple yet brightly covered and he'll have a blast :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2011