Exboyfriend has a new girlfriend!

ok this weekend my ex text to say he wanted to get the kids ok i was ok with that my dd saya that if his new girlfriend is there she isnt goin so i ask him he doesnt have anything until 10 mintues before he is supposed to come get them w never mind she will be there!!! he hasnt seen them in a month and they were soo happy to spend sometime w him! my question is this would u have forced ur dd's to go w them even though they didnt want to!he hasnt even told them he has a new girlfriend they just heard itfrom his family members and he keeps saying he that shouldnt matter ugh!!! what would u have done

budda646

Asked by budda646 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would ask to meet her before my kids are going any where with her. After that I would tell my child just to go and check it out and if they do not like her after that then we will all talk about it.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Not sure how old your daughter is but unless there is a legitimate reason besides just the fact that she's there I'd say yes she has to go. Think about if you started dating and she didn't like it, you would still want her with you.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't force them to go but let him know if he wants to spend time with his kids he's gonna have to do it without the girlfriend. Why don't the kids like the girlfriend? Did they say why?
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yeah, WHY do the kids not like the new girlfriend?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i tell them that they really should meet this new girl before they go making up there mind about her
    she maybe really nice . but i also think your ex could have come seen them without her and brought a photo and talked about her ect ect i also dont think kids she meet new partners untill they been going out a while and think there going to be togther long tearm
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• they dont like the fact that they havent meet her and when they do ask he changes the subject but when my dd's are w his family they make it a point to bring her name up or just say he got a new girl and the fact she has a 1 year year old (not by him) he spends time w that child but wont w them!! my dd's are 11 and 5 i havent even meet her idk i was just wondering i cant see myself forcing them to go if they dont want to is that wrong
    budda646

Comment by budda646 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• if she isn't comfortable then no i wouldn't make her
    marysmama09

Answer by marysmama09 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• so they are mad they haven't met her, yet they don't want to go if she is there and then they can meet her? That doesn't make sense.
    AnAnxiousHeart

Answer by AnAnxiousHeart at 9:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well meet her. My kids father and I made an agreement when we broke up that when we have another relationship we have to meet the other person. Just to be aware of who the children are around. I mean you don't want your kids intrusted in the care of just anyone really. I would say you should meet her and then if your ok, be there when the kids meet her & take it slow. Him picking a g/f over seeing his kids is not acceptable.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011