Cupcake question!

I just made a bath of cupcakes (scratch) and the only liquid besides 6 tbsp of butter that it called for was 2tbsp of milk. They are very dry, but that is the only liquid it calls for and I even added more and they are still dry. What should I add to them to make them moister? Like how much oil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• find one that calls for oil, and eggs
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 9:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• After the cupcakes are cool, you can brush simple syrup over them to make them moist. Simple syrup is 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water. Boil the mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Let the syrup cool before putting it on the cupcakes. If you are making chocolate cupcakes, I have a recipe that is moist. It comes from a Hershey's cookbook.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• A good, moist cupcake recipe should include milk and eggs. I would add about a tbs of oil to the recipe you are using or reduce the baking time.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I always add about an extra quarter cup of oil to the mix and they come out really moist
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• I'd ad some oil
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011