How long do you date someone before your kids meet them?

Just a question for the single mommy's What would you consider an acceptable time to date someone before introducing them to your kids? Or do you just right away do it?
I just wonder about that 'cause some people have men coming in and out of their lives & I wonder how that might affect their kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• i would have to say at least 6 to 8 months u gotta make sure there going to be there for a while before u drop a bomb on kids like thta
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No more than a few dates. Most likely I would have them meet after the first date. I don't keep anything, even new people in my life, from my children. And if they can't handle my kids or they don't click with my kids there is no need for a second date.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• At least 6 months. I'm very careful about the type of people I have around my children. I know my kids well enough to know whether or not they will get along with someone. The only man my kids ever met when I was dating was my now husband.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I introduced my son after a few dates but i introduced my SO as my friend and we arent intimate in front of my son. I will wait til i know he's in it for the long haul b4 i introduce him as my bf.
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Now that they're older, usually after a few weeks or a month of seriously seeing a guy. They met my last bf after 5-6 ish dates. They didn't like him much, and they were right. He ended up being a jerk! I trust their judgment on these things. I waited a little longer when they were young though, with the result that they didn't meet many of my dates back then.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i haven't had a boyfriend in a long time but i'd like to say i'd wait till i KNEW it was going to last and as someone has suggested to me already don't introduce them as boyfriends... introduce them as friends untill you know it's gonna last. THat way you get your kids' opinions on him beforehand and you'll see how he is around your kids :)
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Maybe wait a month to see if he is going to stay long enough to meet your children. You don't want men coming and going all of the time because you are putting your children in a dangerous situation.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I waited 6 months and we don't do any pda in front of him. I just feel like if I was introducing him to every man I dated and worse, letting him become attatched to them, I would have to see him look for another dad that left, and that would kill me.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Well my rule of thumb is if me and the guy are going to commit to each other then I have no problem introduceing him to my Kids but if its a casual dating thing I never have introduced my Son to any guy .
    The last guy I dated was serious so I introduced him to my son and we got married and it's been good. Children get attached very easy so I don't advise introductions unless you get serious andhe will be around for awhile.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• my son was with me
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 20, 2011