Questions about Orlando Disney for those of you who know :)

We have limited funds and also limited time b/c of work....but we were thinking of taking our kids to Disney for 2 days.

Magic Kingdom for our 5 year old dd who loves princesses first day.

Animal Kingdom for 7 year old son who loves animals of all types second day.

Is it worth it...should we stick to just one park for 2 days? Or try a different one each day?

We live about 6 hours away.

Also, which is your favorite park?

Can you take strollers most everywhere in the park? (baby tagging along) :)

Any other tips ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Travel

• You can take strollers about anywhere you want. ALL the parks are WAY overpriced, even with a Fl resident discount, and pack a lunch and food and drinks to eat because NO ONE should be paying $6 for a juice box for their kids and $5 for a 89 cent bottle of water!!! Its highway robbery and ought to be against the law what they charge for everything. Im not wild about any of their parks, but thats me. I think it's legalized robbery what Disney does.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• magic kingdom!!
    marysmama09

Answer by marysmama09 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Can you bring the packed lunch in...(probably not) but just out in your car or something?

Can you bring in juice in your bags for the kids....sneak them in perhaps :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No some of the parks have pick nick area's for you to use outside the gates or you eat in the car. Bring bottled drinks in a bag to get them into the park. They are NATZIS when it comes to forcing you to buy their overpriced food and drink.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You can take food into ALL of the theme parks in FL. You cannot bring in glass bottles or hard side coolers. Beyond that you can take whatever food and drinks in that you want and you don't have to sneak. Definitely bring your stroller, it's good for holding your cooler too. There are tons of shady areas for eating lunch at....except Animal Kingdom doesn't have a lot of shady areas. As far as the parks go, my kids are 5 and just turned 8....they love every single one of the Disney parks. Epcot is really good for the princesses. They hide them back in the different countries and you seldon have to wait in line to see them there. At Magic Kingdom, you could wait in line forever to see them. When my daughter was 5 we dressed her up in her Cinderella dress every time we went to the Magic Kingdom (we live nearby so we go often), she got a lot of extra attention from the cast members. Don't miss the Lion King Show at Animal King
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would go to both parks if I were you. They allow strollers everywhere. Yes, the food/drink prices are high, but what theme park isn't..... I've never tried to bring full lunches in, but I've never had a problem bringing as many as 4 bottled drinks. I've also brought in bags of pretzels, etc. I've never had a security person confront me about it. They did ask if the drink bottle was glass once, but that's it.

You will have a great time! Go! Have fun & bring your camera! They have professional photographers there, but they will also take pictures with your camera.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Kingdom...sorry.

You don't want to leave anything in your car that you are going to want in the park. Parking is forever far away. At Magic Kingdom, you park, take a tram, then take a ferry boat to the park. It takes a good 20 minutes to get in, more if you have to wait. Carry everything you might want with you. Don't forget your sunblock. If you are going in the summer, bring ponchos because it will storm for a few minutes every afternoon.

Stick with one park per day. There is more than you can even see in a day at each park. Use the schedules to map out the stuff that is really important to the kids. And use the Fast Passes on the best rides. When the ride waits get too long, you can get a fast pass for it, then return at the designated time to get right on the ride. It is worth it for the popular rides and then while you wait, you can ride the other rides.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• the magic kingdom is my favorite. My 4 year old daughter loves it there. we have been twice and there is still a couple of things there that we haven't been able to do.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I just got back from Orlando yesterday.  We did Magic Kingdom and Epcot.  If you can afford it, then do both but it is expensive.  They provide strollers and stroller parking.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• The don't 'provide' strollers, you can rent them for $15 a day, plus a $100 credit card deposit. But yes, there is stroller parking for all strollers. If you need a double stroller it's $30 a day. Just bring your own if you can.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 20, 2011