Any Suggestions?

My ds will be 2 in April. I stink at thinking up things to do for birthdays. Any suggsetions?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 9:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For my son's Birthday we just had a party at the house. I spent what seemed like FOREVER filling up 100 water balloons. It was worth it how much fun the kids had throwing them outside though. And after they were soaked we told them to get together for a group picture & sprayed the kids with silly string. They all had a blast.
    As far as a theme just depends on what he likes, we did cars plates, cups & a pinata.
    Kids are a big fan of grabbing all that candy. lol
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• My son's going to be 2 in June and we're doing a farm animal theme.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Does your son have a favorite character or show that he likes. Maybe do a theme with his favorite character and maybe at the park or your house. Even you can do Chuckie Cheese.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 1:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i think you should do his favorite cartoon character as a theme!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Ask her what she wants to do. You might be pleasantly surprised at the simple suggestions that a two year old will come up with that are very meager to the grand plans Mom might have. If you are having a kids party you could do a flower theme and let the kids plant seeds to bring home, or do a princess tea party with fancy but inexpensive silverwear and applejuice tea that you serve from a pot on the floor. If you want to go somewhere a lot of places don't start parties until 3, but usually the local museums, indoor children's places, local gymastics centers have parties ready to roll. If the party is all adults you can dress her up in fancy clothes and ask her do her own ballet show for the adults or get a family soccer game going as part of the fun.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 21, 2011