Can coupon's really save you money?

I have been TRYING to get into using coupons, trying to figure what is good and looking for things I use. But when I went through the coupons again I have a lot of things that I would not normally buy and technically I would not be saving money because they are not part of my normal shopping list. I have tried to look for things that I would buy but have not found that much.

If you cut coupons does it save you money?

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• If your buying name brand stuff all the time it can save you a ton. Still cant find a coupon for meat and produce though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• YES!

Answer by older at 9:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• actually u be spendin more than u bargain for to me..
    Anonymous

• I buy almost all generic -usually that is cheaper than using coupons anyway, especially since the last few years they have made it so you have to buy 2 or 3 of something to get the lousy 25 or 30 cents!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• i save tons and tons... i buy the items when they're on sale and i have a coupon, my kids and dh love just about any kind of cereal so im free to buy whatever. all stores out here double coupon values up to $1 so i have a buck on everything. it rocks
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• It takes some learning...
    google some coupon sites. join a coupon/frugal group on cafemom.
    Learn to be flexible. --I mean dont go pure junk cuz that is whats for sale...But instead of buying this snack bar--buy something equally "good" that has a coupon.
    You have to learn the coupon rules of where you shop. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
    Try to plan meals around your stores weekly deals (check out their website, every week they usually have certain meats/veggies on sale or better than usual deals.

I just went shopping my first time with coupons last week & saved $28... Not much but it was only my first time! and hey $28 is in my pocket that would not have been before! 28x4= $112 a month saved if i can only do that! Or $1,456 saved a year!!!!!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• There was a guy on our local news who has saved over $5000 in the past 12 months using coupons... So yeah, they CAN save you money. BUT, they never do for me, I always spend more when I try and do sales or coupons.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• You can try CouponMom.com. It is set up to help you match up coupons from the Sunday paper and whatnot to sales in your area. BUT, since the two stores I shop at (Foodland & WalMart) aren't on there, it doesn't help me at all.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes it will save you money
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 6:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• yes it does may not seem like much at first but the savings add up quick
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2011