Is it bad for baby to be in breech position?

I had an u/s done last tues, and the tech said the baby was in breech position. Is this a bad thing at only 18 weeks?

blueyes5243

Asked by blueyes5243 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not bad at all. He/she will turn before its time. My son was breach at 30wks. Just give it time
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• No, 18 weeks is a LONG ASS way from delivery!! If you were days away from your due date Id be worried, but NOT 18 weeks.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• no it not baby move about there plenty of time for baby to turn
    you have no worrie at all
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 9:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• That is a typical position for a baby to be in. The only time to be concerned is when you are about a week away from delivery. I have 3 dss. The 1st 2 turned into the right position. My 3rd ds was breech and had to be turned. It was too painful.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't think at 18 weeks it is bc they can move all around just bc the baby was breech on tues doesn't mean that it would be now. Talk to your doctor about it the next time you go and see if he is concerned about it. I don't think it would be a worry until much later.
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 9:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my youngest was born breach... the doctor had to go in every time i had a contraction an move him until he was feet first then he poped out! it hurt like hell even with an epidural... but at 18 weeks the baby will move soo many times by the time you go into labor. i wouldnt worry about it right now. :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Oh, no! Not at all!
    It is totally normal for babies to be vertex, breech, whatever!
    As the head gains weight gravity will eventually pull it down.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• not bad... my dd was breech until 37 weeks. she turned at 38 weeks. don't worry at all
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• If the baby says breech, you'll deliver via Cesarean section. Very little complications. After delivery, at a wellness check-up, your baby may be tested for hip displaysia. My daughter was breech and was delivered via Cesarean. During the wellness check-up, they tested her for it and she was just fine.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:49 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I would not be concerned at this point.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2011