Do you...

Do you avoid questions or topics (online or in real life) because you know that some of the comments will piss you off or cause some other strong emotional response, and you just want to totally avoid the drama of it?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes yeah. The ones that are just SO overdone like abortion, breastfeeding, etc are ones I generally avoid, especially when they turn into a hatefest. I'll read the comments, vote up whoever I agree with, but stay out of it myself. 9 times out of 10 someone's already commented with something I would have said anyways.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I do all the time! I have a very anxious personality, so if I know people will disagree with me I just avoid it. Actually, it is only really emotional topics I avoid.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I avoid some questions because I cant say anything nice or positive or helpful and Im blunt to begin with, or because the question pisses me off because of the askers STUPIDITY. Like Am I preggo do you think? SHould I test? Come on people!! Some folks are just to stupid to help. Other subjects I dont answer because it will only start a huge fight on here.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yep...Everyone has a right to there own opinion but some people on here want to attack you just for saying what you think so I just stay clear of those issues even though I would like to comment I just don't want the drama.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes, if it's something I'm passionate about and the company I'm with wants to get heated over it. I'd rather just walk away, however, I'm open to a good debate if the company I'm with is not harshly judgemental. We can always agree to disagree :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• absolutly
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• not really-
    I like a *little drama sometimes
    (I lead a VERY boring life!)

*I DO try to be respectful about it though-
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Yes. Abortion. I am way way way to emotional about it, and way way way certain that I am right, so it is extremely difficult to read different takes on it because it physically makes me ill. It is the reason I left CM a year or so ago. Now I just stay away from the topic and don't even read the threads, because what is the point other than to work myself up.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• yes... it's all knowing what to say and when to say it... i am a pretty open person and if i feel that it may hurt someone then i will just keep it to myself i'm not a cold hearted person.... but if i do by chance i never get worked up everyone is defferent and has defferent oppions on things that it never hurts to be open minded about anything... but i just ask or bring up anything i don't want to know or hear about or that isn't any of my buisness.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Sometimes. Mostly in real life. Online I am more willing to voice my opinion, but I am always as diplomatic as possible about it
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2011