What was the word on that stimulus plan?

I missed the news, does pres elect want to send Americans another stimulus check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i haven't heard any thing! i think that the government is to worried about the auto industry right now.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• President elect-Obama said that there "will be" another stimulus package and a spokesperson said the dollar amount will be full of zeros.........they didnt specify on who will get what though.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I heard it mentioned that he is planning on issuing more checks, but I haven't heard any details on the matter.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:40 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Jan. 6 thru the 20th congress is supposed to be working on the approval and have it on the desk of the President to be signed after being sworn in. One trillion is the estimate from some very conservative websites. I refuse to believe it will be that big.
    Please tell me you are an Obama backer and are now waiting by the mailbox for your "check", are you planning on charging Christmas in waits for your check to come in? Keep in mind, any stimulus you get now or soon, will be deducted from any tax return you would have gotten back at tax time.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• They didn't say what form it was going to be in. We are in a tricky situation economically so let's start blaming Obama now... PLEASE?- insert sarcasm. The government is stuck between a rock and a hard place so they have to stimulate the economy to a certain extent, especially if they are going to create jobs.
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 2:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• This is a very difficult that the country is finding itself in, but I do not think that a "free" handout is the answer. Remember, nothing is ever free!!
    Anonymous

• CNN reported just a little while ago it could be as much as 2.2 TRILLION.
    Anonymous

• It's not a free handout your right....but let's get back to the barter system for a minute...if I have a cow you need and you have hay/vegetables I need and neither us of can afford to give each other are product...then we are in quit a pickle. I need the vegetables/hay to feed my cows so that my cows can can produce quality milk and food. You need the cows to produce manure to grow your vegetables in and th milk/cow meat to feed your family. If I can't afford your product then I need to raise the price of mine and so forth and so forth, eventually I'm buying from a different person...who's crop dries up...so we all go to the government asking for help. Same thing applies today. .
    TwocutiesMumma

Answer by TwocutiesMumma at 3:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Sure it's going to cost a lot of money but it's to STIMULATE the economy so people have some cash up front to get somethings paid off/buy stuff to support these businesses, small and large to create jobs. I would go into more depth about my barter system but I won't
    TwocutiesMumma

• I tend to be liberal but think the stimulus checks were a bad idea, and so is a new one. People are cutting back and saving so it will not stimulate the economy
    Anonymous