How did you know your marriage was over?

How did you know your marriage was over and how did you tell him?

angmarie0925

Asked by angmarie0925 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• When we were in marriage counseling, I said, "If my emotional needs aren't met, my love for you will wither on the vine," and my then-husband kept talking about money. I knew then, But I hung in there 10 years longer. I never actually told him. I just kept treating him nastier and nastier until one night he left. Best night of my life.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 10:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• when it felt like it was a conveince more thant a marriage, roomates rather than lovers, no communication, no time made for each other. thinking more of another person, raher than your spouse.
    2aremine

Answer by 2aremine at 11:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• When the police came to the house and took one of our computer's because he was chatting with underage girls online.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Only you know when it is done but make sure that is what you want because once you leave him he might not come back see what your heart tells you and what your goals are and if they match good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 3:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• To make a long story short, when we were in marriage counciling he told me that I was the only one who had a problem and that I should take care of it. So I did, I divorced him and I am so happy now.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• he was addicted to porn and he would spend hours watching porn when i left the house and he didn't be with me. So it started to go down and down and downhill from there.
    pirate_wife

Answer by pirate_wife at 10:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My current marriage will be my only one, but I was dating, engaged and living with my fiancee over the course of 4 1/2 years. I left him 5 months before we were to get married, and the decision came when I no longer felt any emotions towards him...I didn't love him, I didn't hate him, I wasn't even sad at ending the engagement, I was just "numb." It was then, that I packed up my things, and left. I should also mention, it was easy for me, as there were no children involved!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• when his world began to revolve around internet relationships and women.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 10:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I was disgusted by him. Just couldn't handle him sucking up my oxygen anymore. He came home from work one day and I said I wanted a divorce and walked out the door.
    jonellg

Answer by jonellg at 1:47 AM on Mar. 21, 2011