How do i tell my fiance it hurta when he chooses his family over me and makes me feel unimportant?

My fiance recently had his bro n s.i.l over and his s.i.l has a history of taking pills andafter they left some of my pain pills were missing and i got upset and now hes mad at me becuase he says im taking it to personal and talked to his bro but she denied taking em. idk what to do becuase hes mad at me and now were fighting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Instead take his help to get the medicines bought & sort out the matter. Tell him that you too like his attention...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well HEll, they had to go somewhere..... they don't just get up and walk away. Why would you keep them where they could be found like that and how did they know you had them???
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 10:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I'd forget about the pills. Realize that your fiance's family is important to him, too, and try not to make it a competition. Choose your battles, hon. A few pills? Just let that one go....
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Well your fiancee needs to remember they are YOUR pills and of course you are going to be upset that pills are missing. He should also realize that sil did it, (cause who else would have touched them?) but if confronted she will deny it. I agree with judimary that you need to pick your battles and I do think that this did get blown out of proportion. I hope the 2 of you can forgive, forget and move on.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• i would tell him straight out either he takes the advice and bucks up or he ignores it if it he does ignore it then he doesnt deserve you at all
    armywifey1089

Answer by armywifey1089 at 12:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• I know that you are hurt because he was taking their side. But if she wasn't actually caught in the act, you need to let it go. The next time they come to visit, hide your meds. I do this now because I have someone in my home that will take mine without me knowing about it. I wound up buying a small safe and put them in it. She can't take it if she can't find it. Good Luck!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• While I agree about picking battles especially the soon to be in-laws, but since she took your pills, especially if they are narcotic based, it could be a sign of an addiction or something. If she lets this theft go by without saying anything she will steal from u again. I would pick a time when u 2 are alone,. and tell her u know she took the pills and u would like it if she didn't steal from u anymore. also tell her u didn't tell anyone this time. Then end the conversation at that, and let her finish the thought, and simply walk from the room. Don't make it a big deal, talk to her like u are asking about the weather. Then if she has any sense and knows she got caught and maybe not do it anymore, at least to u anyway. Best case scenario, u got the grudging respect from her for speaking up, or worse case she calls your bluff or whatever. But personally, I couldn't let the theft go. She walks on u now, it will get worse.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• IDK... When you figure out the answer, I would like to know, too. So f*cking annoying...
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Let him cool down and tell him honey when they came over the pills were there and when they left so did the pills so what am i to think, let him think about it.
    You know she took them so if they come over again watch her and put your pills away, but im sure they won't be over for awhile but im sure you don't mind. Hope all is ok
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Next time she comes over lock the pills up. Don't let this drive a wedge between you! He called them to discuss it, she lied like all addicts do! Don't take it personally, addicts steal from everyone. I would be angry at her for doing it, but I wouldn't fight with my dh over it. He didn't do it and he did call.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 20, 2011